- 12 cloves garlic, unpeeled
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon cornmeal
12 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
2 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
One 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Salt and pepper
1 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Place the garlic on a sheet of foil; drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon water. Seal and bake until soft, about 30 minutes; let cool slightly.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins into a small bowl; add 2 teaspoons olive oil and mash into a paste.
- Meanwhile, grease a baking sheet with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil; dust with the cornmeal. Stretch the pizza dough into a large rectangle and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes; stretch again to almost fill the pan.
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 425°. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes; drain and transfer to a plate. Add the spinach to the skillet and cook over low heat until warmed through; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the pizza dough with the garlic paste. Top with the spinach and dollops of ricotta. Sprinkle with the bacon and mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 400° and bake until the cheese is brown and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Main Dishes, Pizza
- North American