- 2 cups strawberries, hulled
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 loaf ciabatta bread
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup soft goat cheese
1 cup baby arugula
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the strawberries into a bowl and gently mix to coat with the balsamic vinegar. Spread strawberries out on a baking sheet and bake for five minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Cut the ciabatta into equal slices, coat with olive oil, and broil on each side until toasted and crisp.
- Spread goat cheese on hot bread, top equally with the roasted berries and juice. Set a few pieces of arugula on each. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Appetizers, Crostini