One dish that I make over and over again is roasted grape or cherry tomatoes. It's super easy and quick, and the resulting tomatoes are plump, flavorful, and bursting. I love this recipe because it can be used in many different ways. Serve at dinner with steak and potatoes or at breakfast with poached eggs and toast. Toss it into a bowl of mixed greens, goat cheese, and croutons for a hearty lunch salad or serve on crostini and slabs of fresh mozzarella for a delectable hors d'oeuvre.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a baking dish, toss together the olive oil, garlic, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until the tomatoes are bursting and juicy. Toss with the herbs and serve immediately, or let cool and enjoy at room temperature.
- Vegetables, Side Dishes
- North American
- Serves 6-8