- 1 cup (5 ounces) demerara sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon minced rosemary
1/4 cup (1 ounce) sesame seeds
2 large egg whites
1 pound (about 4 cups) pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Whisk together the sugar, salt, rosemary, and sesame seeds in a small mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are slightly frothy, then add the pecans, and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the herb mixture to the pecans, and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the pecans out on the baking sheets, and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the nuts are toasted, and the coating is dry.
- Snacks, Nuts
- North American
- About 1 pound pecans