If you can't locate smoked blue cheese or smoked almonds, substitute them for blue cheese and regular whole almonds. Pomegranate champagne vinegar can also be replaced with champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar.
- For dressing:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pomegranate champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For salad:
- 1 5-ounce bag mixed greens, or a blend of baby spinach and arugula
- 4 ounces smoked blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 pound cherries, pitted
- 1 cup smoked almonds or toasted almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens and toss in dressing, one tablespoon at a time until leaves are lightly coated. Toss in cheese, cherries, and almonds right before serving.
- Divide salad between four plates and garnish with extra cheese, cherries, and almonds.
Serves 4 as a side salad.
- Cheese, Salads