Happy Friday! If you're looking to start your long weekend with a delicious and summery meal, I've got you covered. All you have to do is make these quick turkey burgers! The ground turkey is seasoned with store-bought salsa verde and the patties are topped with spicy pepper jack cheese. Combine mashed avocado, minced garlic, and mayonnaise, and you've got a simple but flavorful aioli. Sound delish? Get the recipe now.
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey thigh meat
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 small green or red tomatoes, sliced
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise and garlic and mash with a fork until well combined but chunky. Season with salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey and salsa. Divide the mixture to form 4 patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the patties for 4 minutes on one side. Flip and top each with a slice of cheese; cover and cook for 4 minutes more.
- Spread the avocado aioli on the split side of each roll bottom and cover with 1/4 cup cilantro. Top with a patty and 2 tomato slices; set the roll tops into place.
- Poultry, Main Dishes