- 2 bottles +2 cups of inexpensive red wine
2 1/2 cups Dark Rum
1 cup Cointreau (or Triple Sec)
1/2 cup Apple Schnapps (I have substituted peach and that's good too)
4 tsp sugar (optional)
Chopped fruit, such as apples, oranges, lemons (use what's in season)
5 cans Pellegrino Limonata*
- Fill a large pitcher or punch bowl with the wine, liquors, fruit, sugar, and cinnamon sticks. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon.
- Test taste. If not sweet enough add another tablespoon or so of sugar. If it is too sweet add more wine.
- Let the mixture rest in the fridge for at least an hour and up to one night.
- Just before serving, add the Pellegrino Limonata. Serve in ice-filled goblets.
*If you can't find Pellegrino Limonata you could make it with Fresca, Squirt, or sparkling water. In Spain, they use Fanta Limon and in my opinion the best substitute is the Pellegrino Limonata.
- Drinks, Punch