- 2 cups fresh blackberries or frozen, thawed
2 pounds pork butt
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 sweet onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
Soft sandwich buns, split, for serving
Bread and butter pickles, for serving (optional)
- Puree blackberries in blender until almost smooth. Strain puree; discard solids in sieve.
- Place blackberry puree and next seven ingredients in a four-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Transfer pork to a plate, and use a fork to shred into fine pieces.
- Add the pork back into the slow cooker and toss to coat in sauce. Serve inside split sandwich buns, along with pickles on the side.
Makes 4 pulled pork sandwiches.
- Main Dishes, Pork
- North American