- 2 thick slices day-old baguette
1/4 cup milk
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 generous teaspoon herbes de Provence
2 teaspoons butter
Serving suggestion: tomato jam or bacon jam
- Soak the bread in the milk on both sides to soften, about 5 minutes per side, depending on how hard the bread is. (If it is softer, it may need less time.)
- Beat the egg with salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence in a flat or shallow dish.
- Gently melt the butter in a frying pan until foaming, but not colored. Pull the bread from the milk and turn it around in the egg mixture to coat.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown. Eat with a spoonful of tomato jam.
Makes 1 serving.
- Breakfast/Brunch, French Toast
- North American