- 1/4 cup olive oil
16 oz large scallops
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups paella or arborio rice
3 1/4 cups fish or chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon saffron
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 ounces roasted red bell pepper, sliced into strips about 1/4-inch wide and 2-inches long
6 ounces canned, diced mild green chiles
14 ounces jarred artichoke hearts, drained and sprinkled with lemon juice
lemon wedges, (optional) to serve
- Heat a large, flat pan or paella pan over medium heat. Add about 1/2 the olive oil and sear the scallops for 3 to 4 minutes until almost completely cooked. Remove the scallops from the pan and place on plate; set aside. Discard any of the leftover juices.
- In the same pan, heat the rest of the olive oil over medium heat, add the onions and garlic. Stir occasionally. Cook for 10 minutes until golden. Add the rice and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the broth, saffron, salt, and pepper to the rice, onion, and garlic mixture. Cook for another 10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add roasted bell pepper and canned chiles. Cook for another 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add the artichoke hearts and scallops and cook for another 2-3 minutes until all of the broth is absorbed.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Main Dishes, Fish
- North American