One of the guys here at the Sugar HQ has been seriously craving milkshakes. He's talked about milkshakes so much that now I want one! Not just any old shake though, I'm hungry for a glorified adult one. This St. Patrick's Day version with a chocolate stout sauce is made by combining store-bought hot fudge with thick creamy beer. It would be an excellent conclusion to a St Patrick's Day dinner and loads of fun if served in shot glasses at a larger party. Sound scrumptious? Check out the recipe when you
- 1/4 cup chocolate stout beer or stout beer
- 1/2 cup prepared chocolate fudge ice cream topping
- 1/2 gallon vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 6 purchased chocolate-and-nut-covered pretzel rods (optional)
- In a small saucepan heat beer and chocolate topping until warm and combined. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a blender combine ice cream and milk, half at a time. Cover and blend until combined.
- Divide ice cream mixture among 8 glasses.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and, if desired, serve with chocolate-covered pretzel rods.
- Desserts, Ice cream