- 8 ounces dried rice vermicelli, soaked in water until pliable
24 small headless tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
1/2 cup fresh shelled green peas, or frozen peas, thawed
2 teaspoons Indian curry powder
6 ounces Cantonese roast pork or thick slice of ham, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
6 sprigs cilantro, trimmed
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat and cook the noodles until tender yet firm, about 10 seconds. Use a strainer and tongs to pick up the noodles and transfer them to a bowl.
- In the same water cook the shrimp until opaque, about 1 minute, and drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Stir-fry the onion until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, the noodles, and peas, and sprinkle the curry powder over the top. Toss well, making sure all of the noodles become yellow.
- Add the pork, shrimp, and fish sauce, and continue to stir-fry until the noodles are heated through, about 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve garnished with cilantro.
- Main Dishes, Curries
- Other Asian