Looking for a breakfast to start your day off right? We partnered with Silk Almondmilk for a recipe that fills you with delicious goodness.
Soft, silky, and comfortingly warm, overnight oats are what you want to wake up to. It's like being wrapped in your favorite comforter — even while you're walking out the door. And besides, you can't beat the wafting scent of cinnamon and simmering apples first thing in the morning. The best thing is this simple yet sophisticated breakfast comes together with only minutes of presleep prep work.
Top the finished oatmeal with a crumble of chopped pecans or walnuts for some extra crunch.
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cups water
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Scoop the coconut oil into your slow cooker and use your fingers to rub it around the base and halfway up the sides.
- Add the chopped apple to the base of the slow cooker and then sprinkle with the cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar. Top with the oats.
- Pour over the almond milk and water and then set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours.
- In the morning, give the oats a stir, and serve with a sprinkling of freshly chopped nuts, slivered strawberries, or a drizzle of maple syrup. But it's also delicious to scoop straight from your slow cooker into a mason jar and enjoy as you walk out the door.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Granola
- North American
- 4 cups oatmeal
- Total Time
- 7 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds
More Recipes From Silk Almondmilk