- 8 ounces Spanish chorizo (cured sausage), thinly sliced
4 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into half-moons
1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (about 4 medium), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
Kosher salt and black pepper
2 pounds skinless firm white fish (such as halibut or cod), cut into 2-inch pieces
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot, brown the chorizo over medium-high heat, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes (with their juices), 3 cups water, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer gently until opaque throughout, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the parsley before serving.
- Main Dishes, Soup
- North American