We all get hungry throughout the day, and while it's easy to pop into the nearest café or corner store to pick up something to nibble on, it's much more rewarding, and satisfying, to make your own snacks. The good news is if you spend a little time on the weekend preparing some tasty treats, you'll be able to toss them in a bag and throw them into your purse to enjoy for the week ahead. Note: these ideas also make great snacks to sneak into movies . . . shh!
- Make some sinfully delicious tiki party mix. Any bacon lover will be thrilled to snack on this.
- Cracker Jack's aren't just for the baseball stadium. Munch on this sweet treat to get you through long afternoons at the office.
- My grandma always had candies in her purse. Make your own caramel candies, wrap them individually in wax paper, and keep a stash in your purse whenever you need to calm your sweet tooth.
- If you're trying to keep things a little healthier, cut your vegetables ahead of time, and pack them with some homemade hummus or white bean dip in tupperware.
- Stale, processed cookies from the grocery store? No thank you! Try some no-bake date cookies instead.
Do have snacks you make ahead of time?