Snickers chocolate chip cookie bars are possibly the most irresistible dessert — ever. Just look at these things!
I can't possibly be the only one that has a pretty serious thing for miniature candy, right? Come on, guys — say it ain't so. Every single time I stumble upon the bite size section of chocolate candy at Target, no less than two bags make their way into my cart. Who can resist bite size Twix, Rolos and Snickers? Certainly not this girl. It's a problem.
The main problem is that as soon as I snip the bag open, I'm poppin' those little bites of chocolate bliss directly into my mouth like it's my j-o-b. And since Summer is right around the corner, all that candy poppin' needs to be a stoppin'.
Instead of eating an entire bag of bite size Snickers, I ate two pieces — okay more like five — shared some, and baked the remaining candies into these Snickers chocolate chip cookie bars. They're chewy, a little gooey and perfect for just about any occasion.
Although I love a good cookie, I've been feeling cookie bars lately — especially cookie bars loaded with candy like these monster cookie bars and peanut butter cup cookie bars — they're my dessert of choice these days. How can candy baked into a dessert ever be a bad thing? It can't, I'm here to tell you.
The great thing about cookie bars is that they come together in a snap and all you need is a couple of bowls, a whisk and a wooden spoon. Toss them in the oven and they bake up perfectly in less than 30 minutes. So if you're in a bit of rush, or just don't feel like hanging out at the oven, cookie bars are the way to go.
I used Snickers Bites for this recipe. If you choose to use miniatures or fun size Snickers, you will need to chop them before placing them onto the batter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Snickers Bites
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving about 1 inch of the foil extending over the edges of the pan. The extra foil will create handles that you can use to lift the Snickers chocolate chip cookie bars from the pan. Set pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted and cooled butter and sugars. Stir in the egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Fold in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Turn cookie dough into prepared pan and use a spatula to spread the dough into an even layer. Evenly distribute the bite size Snickers and press them gently into the cookie dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Allow bars to cool before serving.
- Desserts, Cookies
- 24 servings
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes