- 5 slices bacon (1/4 lb.), finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 lb spaghetti
1 oz finely grated parmesan (1/2 cup)
1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, optional
- Cook bacon in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from skillet.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add cream, tomatoes, and bacon and simmer until cream is slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1-cup cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- Add pasta, cheese, and parsley (if using) to sauce and toss to coat pasta, adding enough reserved cooking water to thin sauce as desired.
- Pasta, Main Dishes