- 2 lb. spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
1 zucchini (8 oz.), diced
4 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup reduced-fat grated Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
1 small lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place squash halves, cut side down, in baking dish. Add 1/4 cup water, and cover dish with foil. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven, and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook for 3 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add zucchini, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until zucchini begins to brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, and cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape squash strands into a bowl. Toss with remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Mound squash in the centers of four pasta bowls. Spoon vegetable mixture around or over squash strands, dividing vegetables equally among bowls. Drizzle with more oil, if desired, and garnish with Parmesan cheese. Add lemon slices, and serve.
- Pasta, Main Dishes