- 3-4 large russet potatoes, cleaned, peeled, and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1⁄2 cup (4 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
1 serrano chile, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven the 425ºF. In a large roasting pan, combine the potatoes, canola oil and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, tossing to coat the potato pieces evenly in the oil.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and cook until crisp and golden about 20-30 minutes. Be sure to occasionally stir them, so they don't stick.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the sauce: using a food processor, blend the tomatoes, red wine vinegar, paprika, sugar, chile, garlic, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and remaining olive oil until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Remove the cooked potatoes from the oven, and season to taste. Plate the potatoes and serve with a small bowl of dipping sauce.
Serves 4-6 as an appetizer.
- Vegetables, Appetizers