- 3 cups (21 ounces) granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 15-ounce can solid pack pumpkin
3 cups (15 ounces) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
4 ounces (about 1 cup) chopped toasted pecans, walnuts, or a mix of the two, plus more for the top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 2 9-by-5-inch loaf pans.
- Whisk together sugar and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
- Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into another large bowl.
- Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions, using a silicone spatula. Fold in nuts, if desired.
- Divide batter equally between prepared pans. Bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Transfer to racks, and let cool for 10 minutes. Using a butter knife, cut around the edge of loaves. Turn loaves out onto racks, and cool completely.
- Breads, Appetizers
- North American
- 2 loaves