Jump-start your Thanksgiving with a bold, flavorful cocktail like this appropriately named pear and rum concoction, spice. It's a mixture of dark spiced rum and pear and lime juices. Freshly grated nutmeg is a special garnish that makes it particularly festive.
For the rest of the meal, stock up on sparkling wine, dry rosé, and a light, fruity red like Pinot Noir. Don't forget to set pitchers of water on table as well. Flavor them with orange slices, mint, or cucumber.
To look at the cocktail recipe,
- 2 large mint sprigs, torn and bruised
- 1 1/2 ounces spiced rum
- 1 ounce pear nectar or juice
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 thin slice of pear
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the ingredients except the pear slice and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with the pear slice.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails