Experiment with different varieties of nuts like walnut, pistachio, etc and even seeds like sunflower seeds are a great substitute.
- 2 1/2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- In a food processor, combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Lightly pulse until well mixed.
- With the machine running on low, slowly add the olive oil until the mixture is creamy.
- Gently stir the Parmesan into the mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Makes about 2 cups.
- Other, Condiments/Sauces