- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, minced
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 small clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
4 new or baby red potatoes
10 ounces strip steak, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 poblano pepper or 1/2 large green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Combine cilantro, vinegar, sour cream, garlic, chile powder, cumin and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe container. Cover and microwave on High until just tender when pierced with a fork, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes, steak and pepper pieces with oil and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Thread the potatoes, steak, peppers and onion chunks onto 4 skewers. Grill, turning once or twice, until the steak reaches desired doneness, about 6 minutes for medium. Serve the kebabs with the reserved sauce.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 269 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrate; 30 g protein; 2 g fiber; 368 mg sodium; 769 mg potassium.
- Main Dishes, Beef
- North American