We think there's no better way to celebrate Spring than with a cocktail that exhibits one of the season's greatest fruits: strawberries. But a strawberry daiquiri this is not; this cocktail, appropriately dubbed the strawberry-balsamic crush, combines sweet, tart, and savory flavors thanks to the combination of fresh berries, aged balsamic vinegar, and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 ripe strawberries, hulled, plus 1 for garnish
- 1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- In a mixing glass, muddle 2 of the strawberries with the vinegar, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Add the vodka, and top with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Either strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice or into a chilled martini glass.
- Top with a twist of freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with the remaining strawberry.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American
- 1 cocktail