- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 pound cake, store bought or homemade
1/4 cup-1/2 cup simple syrup or berry-flavored liqueur, like Chambord or Creme de Cassis
1 small jar strawberry jam
1 pint of strawberries, hulled and quartered
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to over beat.
- Slice the pound cake into 1/4-inch slices. Brush lightly with the simple syrup or liqueur. Spread each slice with a generous amount of strawberry jam.
- In a large clear bowl or trifle dish, arrange a layer of the pound cake spread with jam on the bottom of the dish. Top with 1/3 of the whipped cream and sprinkle 1/3 of the sliced strawberries over the top.
- Repeat two more times (or until you run out and the dish is full): layering the pound cake spread with the jam, the whipped cream, and strawberries. The final layer should be whipped cream and strawberries.
- Place in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Can be made 1-2 days in advance. To serve, slice into pieces and scoop out with a spoon.
- Desserts, Whipped Cream