Celebrate the Fourth of July with a sparkler — a bubbly red, white, and blue cocktail, that is. This one features Champagne, strawberries, and Sauza® Blue Tequila. Now, you might be thinking, Champagne and tequila? We'll be the first to tell you, yes, they really do work brilliantly together.
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 lime, wedged
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle Champagne, chilled
- 6 ounces Sauza® Blue Silver 100% Blue Agave Tequila*
- 4 ounces limeade
- 2 ounces DeKuyper® Pucker® Strawberry Schnapps Liqueur
- *If Sauza® Blue Silver isn't available, try Sauza® Silver
- Wash, stem, and quarter strawberries. Spread out on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and freeze for at least 1 hour (can be done the day ahead).
- Run a wedge of lime around the rims of Champagne flutes, and dip each in a plate of sugar to coat rim.
- Place 3 frozen strawberries in the bottom of each prepared flute. Open Champagne, and divide between all glasses (each should be approximately 2/3 of the way full). In a shaker filled with ice, combine tequila, limeade, and strawberry liqueur. Shake until chilled. Add a squeeze of fresh lime, if desired. Strain the cocktail into the Champagne-filled flutes until 3/4 of the way full.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 10 cocktails
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes