Since so many of you enjoyed the naanwich, I thought I'd provide you with another Indian inspired recipe. This one combines the typical tandoori seasonings with grilled chicken. The chicken needs to marinate for an hour, so get a head start on this dish early in the afternoon.
This recipe is great because it includes the ingredients and technique for the perfect side dish — a fragrant jasmine rice with grilled mango. Garnished with crunchy pine nuts and fresh cilantro, this is the perfect grilled chicken for exotic entertaining. To take a look at the recipe,
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 (2 1/2-pound) chickens, quartered
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled; 1 cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, 1 cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 fresh cilantro sprigs
- Purée first 7 ingredients in processor. With machine running, gradually add oil through feed tube and process until blended.
- Transfer 1/4 cup herb mixture to small bowl; reserve.
- Add yogurt and lemon juice to remaining mixture in processor and blend.
- Place chicken in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Place chicken, skin side down, on grill. Cover and grill until chicken is cooked through, turning every 5 minutes, about 30 minutes total.
- Grill mango slices 2 minutes per side; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine rice, 3 cups water, and reserved 1/4 cup herb mixture. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Fold in mango cubes and pine nuts.
- Arrange chicken on large platter; garnish with grilled mango slices and cilantro sprigs. Serve mango jasmine rice alongside.
- Poultry, Main Dishes