Although summer is over and fall is kicking in, there's still a lot of sunlight each day. During this time of year, where the weather is still nice — at least it is here! — but hearty fall flavors are calling your name, do yourself a favor and make a crockpot meal. Cooking with a crockpot — or slow cooker as it's also known — means that a filling meal will be waiting for you after a full day of playing outdoors. So gather up your ingredients, stick them in the crockpot and enjoy your day! To get the recipe for this simple, but delicious meal,
1 pound small red potatoes, cut in half
16 oz. pkg. baby cut carrots
3 pounds boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of fat
1/4 cup Dijon mustard (or mustard of your choice)
1/2 tsp. dried tarragon leaves
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups beef broth
Makes 6 servings.
- Place potatoes and baby carrots around bottom edge of 4-6 quart crockpot.
- In small bowl, combine mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and spread over pork roast.
- Place roast in crockpot and sprinkle with chopped onion.
- Pour beef broth over all.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-9 hours until pork is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.