Today's hearty recipe calls for sweet potatoes and slow-cooked chicken thighs that'll be falling-off-the-bone tender by the time you return to the crockpot hours later. Alternatively, you can opt for thighs that have already been de-boned, or even boneless, skinless chicken breast. To get this Fall recipe, read more.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed of skin and fat
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into spears
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, wine, rosemary, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Put the lid on and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 5 hours.
- Before serving, remove bones from the chicken, if desired, and stir in vinegar.
285 calories; 6 g fat; 50 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrate; 17 g protein; 5 g fiber; 519 mg sodium
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- North American