Spain's cheap variation of sangria, tinto de verano, is quite simply a red-wine spritzer. Refreshing and delicious, this concoction is my go-to drink when I'm in the mood for something light. This easily drinkable cocktail is a delightful alternative to beer and wine.
Choose a mixer that suits your taste buds (sparkling water, San Pelligrino Limonata, and Squirt are variations that I've made), and always garnish with a lemon wedge or wheel.
- Red wine
- Lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite or San Pelligrino Limonata
- Sparkling water, optional
- Lemon wheel, for garnish
- Fill a large wineglass, goblet, or highball glass with ice.
- Fill with equal parts red wine and lemon-lime soda. Adjust to taste with sparkling water (to make it less sweet).
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 1 cocktail