Tonight if you arrive from work starving, tired, and hopeful of eating a home cooked meal but without the energy to prepare anything, this recipe is for you. Baked turkey sandwiches with brie and cranberries is on the menu, and you'll have it ready with minimal effort in under twenty minutes. Perfect for an any night dinner and even better if you've got turkey leftovers from Christmas. To make this for dinner tonight,
4 to 8 1/2-inch-thick slices country French or sourdough bread
Dijon or whole-grain mustard
1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce or relish
12 ounces roasted, thickly sliced turkey
4 ounces Brie or Camembert cheese, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon or so dried thyme or chopped fresh thyme
Freshly ground pepper
- Arrange an oven rack 4-5 inches from the broiling element and preheat the oven to broil.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and spread each piece lightly with mustard, then generously with cranberry sauce.
- Top with the turkey, then drape the sandwiches with 1 or 2 slices of Brie (the cheese will spread as melts).
- Sprinkle with the thyme and pepper.
- Place the pan under the broiler, and broil until the cheese is browned and bubbly, about 5 minutes.