Ok I know that we are in the middle of winter, but I still like to use autumnal ingredients while they are in grocery stores. Squash, sweet potatoes, cranberries: I love them so much that I have to incorporate these flavors into my meals even after the holiday season has passed. Shouldn't we take complete advantage of what's in season now and overdose on anything that we may not be able to find in a few weeks? For tonight's dinner I propose a golden chicken meal with autumn vegetables. To make a simple, yet scrumptious, flavor packed meal tonight for dinner
Golden Chicken & Autumn Vegetables
From 2 cups fresh or frozen whole green beans
- Heat oil in 12” skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 10 min. or until it’s well browned on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Increase heat to high. Stir broth, garlic, rosemary, thyme, potatoes and green beans into skillet.
- Heat to a boil and cook for 5 min.
- Return chicken to skillet and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 12 min. or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Season to taste.
Substitution: Herbed Chicken Dijon with Wine: Add 1/4 cup white wine, 1 tsp. lemon juice and 2 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard with broth. Substitute Yukon Gold for sweet potatoes.
Calories 230, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 74mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g, Protein 29g, Vitamin A 270%DV, Vitamin C 42%DV, Calcium 5%DV, Iron 11%DV