- 1 medium eggplant (diameter similar to tomatoes), cut crosswise into 6 slices
2 medium yellow sweet peppers, seeded and cut lengthwise in thirds
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 large tomatoes, each cut in 6 slices
1 lb. fresh mozzarella, cut in 12 slices
6 slices prosciutto
Small fresh basil leaves
Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Brush eggplant slices and sweet pepper pieces with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For a charcoal grill, grill eggplant and sweet pepper on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 minutes or until tender, turning once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place eggplant and peppers on rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.) Cool to room temperature.
- On individual plates layer tomato slices, mozzarella slices, prosciutto, eggplant, and sweet pepper with several basil leaves. Drizzle on remaining olive oil and vinegar.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern