Our personal recipe for quick and easy tomato salsa is so addictive, you'll want to double up and make two batches — that's how fast it disappears. We'll show you how to make a true restaurant-style salsa, and let you in on a few secret ingredients that really enhance the natural flavor of tomatoes.
- 2 (10-ounce) cans of diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of sugar
- Combine ingredients into a food processor or blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper; add a pinch of cumin and a pinch of sugar to taste. Blend once more until seasoning is well-incorporated. Serve with chips.
- Condiments/Sauces, Salsa
- About 4 cups of salsa