The first round of Top Chef Masters was completed last night. The final quartet of chefs included no females, but Jonathan Waxman, Roy Yamaguchi, Michael Cimarusti, and Art Smith. The best thing about this episode was the return of Gail Simmons. Did you watch? If you are interested in discussing,
- Is it bad that I secretly want Jonathan Waxman to win simply because he trained Bobby Flay?
- Have you ever been to Roy's? Do you like his Hawaiian Fusion?
- If you competed on Top Chef Masters, what would your charity be?
- How fabulous is Art Smith? Wouldn't Richard from Top Chef 5 consider him a teddy bear?
- Whose quickfire dish looked the best to you?
- There was a lot of camaraderie between the masters, do you think the regular Top Chef contestants would have felt differently about the shop-for-each-other elimination challenge?
- How inspiring was it when the chefs set each other up with wonderful ingredients?
- When should a chef cook out of his comfort zone and when should he stick to what he knows?
- "Gael Greene and I go way back." Do you think Jonathan and Gael had a fling in the 80s?
- Are you excited for the Champions Round?