- 1 tri-tip
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chimichurri, recipe below
- About an hour before grilling, take the meat out of the fridge. Place on a large baking sheet and let come to room temperature.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Season the tri-tip with salt and pepper. Then flip and season the other side with salt and pepper. Repeat to ensure that the meat is generously seasoned.
- Grill the steak for 8-9 minutes per side until a meat thermometer inserted in the fattest part reaches 140°F. Once removed from the grill, let the steak rest for 10-15 minutes; it will continue to cook. The temperature for medium rare steak is 145°F. If you prefer steak more well done, continue to cook until desired temperature is reached, remembering that while resting it will rise about 5 degrees.
- Thickly slice steak and serve with the chimichurri sauce.
- Main Dishes, Beef
- South American