Whether you're hosting a New Year's Eve party, planning a movie night, or just craving a snack to go along with primetime TV, popcorn makes for a speedy, go-to snack. Next time you reach for the popcorn, elevate your kernels with the addition of truffle oil — which is just as luxurious and fragrant as the real deal, but much more affordable — and freshly grated parmesan cheese. For the fast and easy recipe, read on.
- 1 tablespoon grape-seed or vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/8 teaspoon truffle oil
Salt, to taste
Cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Spread the kernels over the oil in an even layer; cover with lid. Once popping comes to a halt, remove the popcorn from the heat. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile finely grate parmesan; melt butter in a small saucepan over the stove or microwave it for 10 seconds until melted.
- Drizzle the truffle oil into the melted butter and stir to incorporate.
- Pour butter-and-truffle-oil mixture over the popcorn and toss gently. Sprinkle with parmesan. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 cups (serves three to four).
- Other, Snacks
- North American