- For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons siracha
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon minced and peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon Thai curry paste
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- For the tartare:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 lb. raw sushi-grade tuna
- Chopped cilantro and sesame seeds, to taste
- To make the sauce: combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir well. Heat over high heat until sauce comes to a boil.
- Transfer the sauce to a food processor or blender and carefully blend.
- Pour into a bowl that is set over an ice water bath. Let cool.
- Once the sauce is cool, mix 2 tablespoons of the sauce with the 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Cut the avocado and the tuna into uniform 1/2-inch squares.
- Carefully fold the tuna, avocado, and sauce together. Mix in the chopped cilantro and sesame seeds. Stir and serve.
- Seafood, Appetizers
- Other Asian