- 1 1/4 cups cooked black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 to 1 1/2 ears)
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes, orange and red if available
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced jicama
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled (optional)
- 20 tortilla chip strips, broken
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, stems and leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- Make the salad: Arrange the ingredients on a platter or in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Toss the salad at the table with about 1/2 cup dressing, adding more to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving: 435 calories, 9 g protein, 39 g carbohydrate, 29 g fat (3 g saturated), 0 g cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 11 g fiber.
- Vegetables, Salads