- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey, agave nectar, or sugar
- 1/2–1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded daikon radish
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 Vietnamese baguette or 1/2 French baguette, split in half lengthwise
- 1 Tbs. low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. red chile sauce, such as sriracha
- 1/4 tsp. tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup baked Asian-flavored tofu, thinly sliced, or stir-fried tofu cubes
- 2 6-inch strips cucumber
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- 6 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves, torn
- Combine vinegar, honey, and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Add daikon radish and carrot, and stir to mix. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baguette on baking sheet, and crisp 5 minutes in oven. Cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise on both sides of bread. Sprinkle with red chile sauce and tamari. Fill with tofu, cucumber, and cilantro. Drain carrot-radish mixture, and spread on sandwich.
- Top with tomatoes and lettuce, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Press top half of baguette on sandwich, and slice sandwich in half.
Makes 1 sandwich.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- Other Asian