- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
Pepper, freshly ground
3 bunches arugula (about 12 ounces total), thick stems removed
1 1/2-pound piece chilled seedless watermelon
8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Add the red onion and vinegar to a small bowl, tossing the onion so it's evenly coated; let sit for 10 to 20 minutes. (The vinegar bath will help mellow out the onion's bite.)
- Meanwhile, remove the rind from the watermelon and cut it into small chunks; there should be 2 to 3 cups of watermelon chunks.
- Remove the onions from the vinegar, and add them to a large salad bowl with the arugula. Add the olive oil to the vinegar; whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add to the arugula and onions, and toss to coat. Gently toss with the watermelon and feta.
- Side Dishes, Greens , Salads
- North American
- 4 servings