Remember a month ago when I mentioned my latest obsession was with watermelon juice and tequila? Well the compulsion continues with this cocktail! What makes this drink is the spicy salted rim. It adds a fiery punch that enhances the natural bite of tequila. Be sure to strain the watermelon juice before putting it into the cocktail shaker. This ensures that the final drink is smooth and refreshing. If you're looking for a delicious alternative to the classic lime margarita, definitely give this drink a shake before watermelon season ends. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how well the vibrant pink fruit pairs with tequila. Get the recipe when you
- Chili Salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 2 ounces watermelon juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- Make the chile salt: In a small bowl, mix the kosher salt, sugar and ancho chile powder.
- Make the cocktail: Moisten the outer rim of a highball glass with the lime wedge and coat lightly with chile salt.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients and shake well.
- Fill the highball glass with ice and strain the drink into the glass.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails