- 2 pounds seedless watermelon, peeled and cubed, plus 1/2 pound
1 bottle dry white wine
6 ounces vodka
4 ounces Cointreau or other triple sec
4 ounces Citrus Syrup, recipe below
- In a blender, puree the watermelon cubes. Pour through a fine strainer into a pitcher.
- Add the white wine, vodka, Cointreau and Citrus Syrup. Stir and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Stir again, then pour the sangria into ice-filled white wine glasses and garnish with the skewered watermelon balls.
6 ounces Simple Syrup
One 2-inch lemon zest strip
One 2-inch orange zest strip
- In a small saucepan, bring the Simple Syrup to a boil. Remove from the heat and add lemon and orange zest strips.
- Let cool, then refrigerate overnight. Strain the syrup into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
Makes 6 ounces.
- Drinks, Punch