There's nothing like a decadent dessert to impress your date, especially when it's the first time you get to show off your skills. We can't think of a better recipe than white chocolate rocky road from Barry Taylor at Sorted Food on Tastemade to set the sweet tone. All you have to do is melt the white chocolate, throw in some tasty ingredients, and chill overnight. With dessert out of the way, you'll have plenty of time to focus on other parts of the date that will hopefully be just as memorable.
Watch the video to see how it's done and then get the recipe.
- 1 1/3 lbs. white chocolate
- 1/2 lb. pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1/2 lb. shortbread cookies, crumbled
- 1/4 lb. mini marshmallows
- 2 oz. blueberries
- 2 oz. candied cherries
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler until it turns to liquid.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate with pistachio nuts, shortbread cookies, mini marshmallows, blueberries, and candied cherries.
- Spoon mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with plastic wrap and then wrap into a block.
- Refrigerate overnight or until chocolate has hardened.
- Slice while still cold.
- Serves 2