I love a good frosting that's not too sweet. The perfect combination of creamy and sugar transforms that little cake into a deliciously magical thing that's also just a bit nostalgic. Bitting into one takes me back to birthday parties of my youth, which makes this adult version a big hit.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, strained
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar
- Place the Greek yogurt in a paper towel-lined strainer and let sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours. Remove and gently press the yogurt with the paper towel, releasing any remaining liquid.
- Add the yogurt to a medium mixing bowl and add the room temperature butter, vanilla, and salt. Whip on high until the ingredients come together.
- Slowly incorporate half of the powdered sugar, mixing on high. Then add the other half, finishing with a final mix on high for 10 to 15-seconds.
- Use for topping your next batch of cupcakes!
- Desserts, Frosting
- North American