The Wine Pairings For Your Favorite Store-Bought Desserts
As an adult, it's more likely you're taking your Oreos and Chips Ahoy cookies with wine, not milk. In honor of National Wine Day, we reached out to Minibar Delivery to ask for the best wine pairings for your favorite store-bought treats, including Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. The suggestions will expand your taste buds and knowledge of wine, with the promise of a lulling you into a sweet sugar high / wine buzz later. Cheers!
- Oreos with Pinot Noir (like The Pinot Project), because "a fruit-forward Pinot complements the creme filling and chocolate."
- Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with Riesling (like Clean Slate), because "a dry Riesling is a great refresher to the palate after taking a bite of cold cookie dough ice cream."
- Chips Ahoy with Sauvignon Blanc (like Oyster Bay), because "the aromatic, zesty Sauvignon makes a surprising [companion] to the crunchy, crumbly cookie."
- Hostess Cupcake with Cabernet Sauvignon like (Stag's Leap), because "chocolate and Cabernet make a perfect pairing."
- Twinkies with Pinot Gris (like J Vineyards), because "a light, fruity Pinot Gris goes [well] with the light sponginess of a Twinkie."
- Milanos with Champagne like Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label), because "bubbles [harmonize] with Milanos' soft crunch."
- Cosmic Brownies with Zinfandel (like 7 Deadly Zins), because "a spicy Zinfandel brings a great balance to the [rich] brownie.