Wakaya Perfection Asian Barbecue Chicken
While some barbecue sauces can be too heavy for the Summer heat, the ginger in this recipe keeps the meal light and refreshing without sacrificing a spicy kick.
- 1 lb. chicken and/or ribs
- 3/4 cup plum and/or apricot sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. sesame seeds (optional; sprinkle on after cooking)
- Stir all ingredients except meat together until well blended.
- Adjust spices according to your taste.
- Meat can be marinated in sauce or it can just be brushed on at barbecue time.
- Brush glaze on meat at least twice per side while cooking.
- Serve with a side salad or baked beans.