This year, we introduced you to oodles of designers, including interior designers, furniture designers, ceramics designers, and industrial designers. Some were new to you, some not, and others you'd heard of but didn't know much about. In all cases, I was happy to learn more about their lives and experiences by researching them.
Here are my favorite Designer Spotlights from this year:
- Karim Rashid has tried his hand and succeeded at designing products, interiors, fashion, furniture, lighting, and art.
- Terence Conran is a one-man bastion of British design.
- Angela Adams personifies retro-cool from hand-tufted rugs to geometric tableware.
- Allegra Hicks' textiles, homewares, and interior design ooze Boho sophistication.
- Eva Zeisel is 101 and still kickin' butt with her homeware and furniture designs.