The simple pleasure of a hot bath turns ultra luxurious when you sink into a foreign bathtub in a carefully constructed and impeccably designed space. If you're considering a trip, and the best pools or the best rooftops aren't among your top criteria, look for a more intimate simmering spot. These alluring tubs for hire will indulge your travel bug, induce relaxation, warm your body, and satiate an appreciation of exquisite design.
1. Escape the mainland of Italy to Hotel Tragara in Tragara, Capri, and take in sweeping views of the Faraglioni rocks just off the coast from this deep, serene, and sturdy tub.
2. Who wouldn't feel at home in the glowing light and warm stone bathtub at Ett Hem, an arts and crafts private-residence-turned-hotel, in Stockholm, Sweden?
3. Make sure to book a room with a view at The NoMad Hotel in New York, NY, for a lavish en-suite claw-foot bathtub overlooking the Empire State Building. Restored by French designer Jacques Garcia, The NoMad mixes New York modern with classic European style.
4. Talk about an exclusive way to lave: the Singita Boulders Lodge in Sabi Sand, South Africa, is set on the picturesque Sand River in a private reserve. Vacationers have the choice between a dip in the pool or an outdoor tub.
Jump into more tub inspiration after the break.
5. If you're seeking a reason to become a Soho House member, look no further than this claw-foot tub and cheerful bathroom at the Soho Beach House in Miami, FL.
6. Refresh in a tented tub after a day in the East African sun at the Sabora Tented Camp in Grumeti, Tanzania. The classic porcelain tub is perched at the edge of the tented space for an open air soak.
7. Suds up in one of the hippest, most halcyon tubs in SoHo at The James Hotel in New York, NY. The muted colors of the bathroom are offset by the colorful city view, creating an intriguing spot for daydreaming.
8. The Hotel Original Paris's bright bathroom and tub live up to the hotel's reputation for color play in its design. Dream of a rainbow of macarons and Eiffel Tower lights as you gaze at the iridescent tiles from the tub.
9. The uniquely shared tubs at the Viceroy in Yas, Abu Dhabi, offer an elegant half cocoon for a petal-filled soak.
10. Do Doha right and absorb the spectacular scene of the city while under bubbles at the St. Regis in Doha, Qatar.
11. What's a bath without a rubber ducky? Escape to Sir Richard Branson's Swiss Alps retreat, The Lodge, in Verbier, Switzerland, and you won't have to find out.
12. Siesta underwater while surrounded by gorgeous traditional tile at Casa de Sierra Nevada in Guanajuato, Mexico.
13. Sweeping views of snow, mountain, and water at Matakauri in Queenstown, New Zealand, may leave you weak in the knees. Steady yourself on a nearby wooden stool and keep gazing.
14. The Kelly green outdoor tub at Fleming Villa in Oracabessa Bay, Jamaica, is just waiting to be Instagrammed and enjoyed with a tropical drink.
15. The Mio in Buenos Aires, Argentina, has been voted the best hotel in town, and it's no shock considering its statement carved tubs formed from caldén, a native Argentine wood.
16. See New York's skyline — and pop a bottle of Rosé — while soaking at the rich, red Standard.
17. The circular vessel and hanging installation at Hôtel Angely in Paris, France, invites mod romance — or a '70s dance party.
18. Sip on a bottle of Spanish wine and gaze on the gorgeous countryside while bathing in a hill-facing traditional room at the Valbusenda in Zamora, Spain.
19. You'll see life in a whole new light after a double dip at the W Retreat Koh Samui in Koh Samui, Thailand.
20. Take a fireside soak surrounded by wood, marble, and plush colors at the Buddha-Bar Hotel in Paris, France. Your senses will be delighted by the mix of French architecture and luxe decor.
Looking for design inspiration for your home bathroom? Check out these enviable bathtubs.