Jeff Lewis is back on Bravo as season eight of his show Flipping Out kicks off. The show, which airs Wednesday nights at 9 p.m. EDT/8 p.m. CDT, shows Jeff and his team decorating and flipping homes in their signature chaotic, witty, and sometimes caustic style.
It turns out that there's a lot more to Jeff than his reputation for witty one-liners on Bravo. We heard him give a personal speech in 2012 at San Francisco's Design Center. He revealed a great deal about himself at that event — and in subsequent interviews — giving us a chance to share the top 15 facts you may not know about the cable star.
- Brandi Glanville once threw a glass of wine on him during a live taping of Watch What Happens Live.
- Jeff has said that he'd eventually like to adopt a child. However, now he and his partner are pursuing surrogacy to expand their family.
- Jeff recently repurchased a mansion in Los Angeles, near the Sunset Strip, which he'd sold over a decade ago.
- He recently stole one of Kris Jenner's assistants.
- He grew up going to Catholic school.
- Jeff attended University of Southern California and Chapman University, but it took him five years to graduate. He has said, "I'm actually not that smart, but I'm driven."
- Jeff lost at least half of his net worth when the market crashed. What saved him was selling the majority of his properties in the first half of 2007 at a profit. He quickly evaluated the rest of his properties, selling what he could and keeping what he needed to stay afloat.
- Jeff's father, who always had a hand in real estate, was a major influence. He once told Jeff, "You get rich off your investments, not your income. People live off of their income."
- Jeff admits to having had fillers and Botox.
- He and Gage Edwards have been together for six years.
- Jeff's gig with Bravo was a fluke. Jenni Pulos, his Chief Operating Officer, is an actor. She asked for permission to film a promo at his office for an acting gig of her own. Within 48 hours of shooting her promo, her producers were calling him to pitch a different television show.
- When he was 18, Jeff lost his mom to cancer. But he has called Zoila, his housekeeper, his "surrogate mother."
- Jeff has a line of paint called Jeff Lewis Color, which is available at Home Depot.
- Jeff called winning House Beautiful's 2010 Kitchen of the Year award "a milestone." The honor is so significant it gets a shout-out on his website.
- Jeff has worked with celebrities including Brian Austin Green.
— Additional reporting by Julia Millay Walsh